Introduction to Throwing £125 (FULL)
Time & Location
About The Event
Level: Beginner Starts: Various dates throughout the year
Time: Wednesday Evenings 6:30pm - 9 pm
Resources: 1 electric pottery wheel per person
Refreshments: tea, coffee, juice & biscuits provided
This is an informal 5 week practice-based throwing course for adults aimed at beginners who would like to learn basic throwing skills. (Teens are welcome to do the course, if they are doing so with a parent who is also doing the course)
The course takes place at the Fancy Frog Pottery Studio on Wednesday evenings from 6:30pm til 9pm.
There is space for 4 people and sessions last for 2½ hours. I have 5 electric pottery wheels in total including one table top wheel. So you will have chance to have a go on all the different wheels over the length of the course as well as the use of a dedicated wheel during each session.
The course will cover:
- Clay preparation – wedging techniques
- Centering clay on the wheel
- Throwing basic cylinders then moving on to different forms – Jugs, vases, plates, bowls etc. Practicing your preferred form
- Turning and finishing
- Pulling and attaching handles
- Simple decorating techniques.
You will be introduced to new skills each week which you will have time to practice. The emphasis of the course is on you spending time at the wheel rather than sitting and listening to me talking :) It is a hands on practical course with as much or as little support as you need. Numbers are kept intentionally small to ensure everyone has the guidance they need.
You will be using white earthenware clay. The pots will be fired with a clear glaze to make them food safe.
Included in the price:
- Refreshments of tea/coffee
- All materials used
- Firing and glazing of up to 3kg of fired work. (Excess work is charged at £3 per kg fired weight)
- Aprons will be provided but please wear clothes you do not mind getting muddy :)
This is a friendly and relaxed beginner level course to get you started on your journey with wheel throwing.
Full payment is required at the time of booking, to secure your place. Please read my Terms and Conditions page for more information.
- 1 Place£125£125Sold Out